Mini Maple Pumpkin Pies
- 32 oz organic pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (or sub coconut sugar)
- 2 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1/2 cup Pacific Foods Coconut Unsweetened Plant-Based Beverage
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut oil at room temperature
- 5-8 tbsp ice cold water
- serve with dairy-free whipped cream (optional)
Step 1Preheat oven to 350° F.
Step 2Whisk together all filling ingredients until thoroughly combined, set aside.
Step 3In a medium mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, flour and salt. With a pastry cutter or two knives, cut into the mixture until it resembles small pebbles. Note: coconut oil shouldn’t be at all melted, rather scoopable and room temperature.
Step 4Add in ice cold water, one tablespoon at a time, stirring in between until crust comes together; don’t add more water than needed to create a dough ball.
Step 5With a rolling pin, roll crust out carefully. Cut dough into 16-18 round disks using a jar or glass with a 1-inch top. Roll out disks again until large enough to fit inside muffin tins.
Step 6Place pastry disks into each muffin tin, then spoon pumpkin filling into each one.
Step 7Bake for 30 - 45 minutes, until crust begins to brown and filling hardens. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.